Faith Community Nursing
Center of Hope is excited to announce the expansion of its Faith Community Nursing Program. Our goal is to have a nurse available during regular operating hours, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
What is a Faith Community Nurse?
A Faith Community Nurse is Registered Nurse who integrates faith and health, empowering people through being a:
* Health counselor/coach
* Referral Adviser
* Compassionate presence
* Prayer companion
* Advocate for guests with health agencies
* Partner with other health providers
How does this happen at Center of Hope?
* As we greet guests and by being available to discuss health issues.
* Collaborating with other health agencies to help our guests navigate the journey to better health
* Provide health education, coaching and advocacy to promote wellness
* Assist with blood pressure, vision and mini-health assessment screening
* Provide limited Pastoral/Nursing visits to guests in the home, and at the Center
Faith Community Nursing Vision/Mission
Through compassionate presence and application of the nursing process, based on health assessment, the Faith Community Nurse advocates for the Center of Hope guests to purse wholistic health.