The Faith Community Nurse position supports the Faith Community Nursing Coordinator, and the Volunteer Coordinator at Center of Hope. Promotes the Center of Hope and Faith Community Nurse ministry and articulates its value in the community along with supporting ministry goals. Primary duties will be to create or expand current training programs, and make sure all documentation and support of Faith Community Nursing programs on-sight of the Center of Hope Ministry.
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited school of nursing.
• 3-5 years prior nursing experience required.
Certification, Licensure and Certifications:
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi state licensure required.
• Certification in Faith Community Nursing is required
1. Serves as a member of the Center of Hope staff.
2. Participates in the Faith Community Nursing Health Cabinet.
3. Promotes an understanding of holistic health and well-being through the facilitation of classes, seminars, dialogue groups, and individual counseling, as appropriate.
4. Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in identifying resources to meet guest and family needs.
5. Assists in the Care Center regularly to maintain an awareness of health issues shared by guests and challenges encountered by Faith Community Nurses.
6. Creates training documents for volunteer nurses.
7. Communicates and collaborates with healthcare providers in the community on behalf of the guests at Center of Hope.
8. Networks with other parish nurse programs in existence and assists in developing new programs for Center of Hope guests.
9. Provides leadership in orientation of new Faith Community Nurse Volunteers.
10. Orients nurse volunteers to the Procedures and documentation requirements of the ministry. (Training of volunteers)
11. Initiates referrals to community agencies that will provide support to guests and their families.
12. Is knowledgeable of the Salem UCC Fund and the grant funding programs, and records data for reporting.
13. Other duties as assigned.
If you would like more information email brett at: email@example.com